[Review] The Itchy Sweater of Sheet Masks AKA TonyMoly Naturalth Goat Milk Moisture Mask Sheet



You have been warned.


TonyMoly's new line of Goat Milk Extract Products launched this year with a pretty good reception. What makes this line special is their use of Goats Milk, which is naturally and ethically sourced from goats raised in the "clean country of New Zealand". Goat Milk also boasts 
This product contains 140mg of New Zealand Goats milk extract.

Thankfully, this time the ingredients are provided in english on the back of the sheet mask, so I have typed them up for you:

[Ingredients] Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Olive Oil PED-8 Esters, Propanediol, Caprylic Triglyceride, Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Goat Milk Extract, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, REG-60, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Panthenol, Mineral Oil, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Fragrance

Putting this list through COSDNA, a couple of flags come up:

As you can see, this mask is full of moisturizing ingredients, sticking true to the products ultra-moisturizing theme. Although Goats Milk is in the middle of the list, I can't assume that there is more of the milk than the ingredients listed underneath it due to the KDFA's labelling regulations, so I can only assume that the 140mg Goats Milk Extract claim is true.

The usage of Butylene Glycol and Hydrogenated Castor Oil are potential acne triggers, so watch out for that if you are sensitive to these ingredients.

Also, the other ingredient, Caprylic Triglyceride is actually a differently refined type of emollient derived from coconut oil.  Although it comes from coconut oil, it doesn't have an oily sensation when put on and instead has a silkier feel, so the mask don't feel like a greased towel when you put it on your face.


standard mask packaging, the little goat on it is pretty cute!


Date of manufacture is put on the bottom
Time to crack open this pouch!



The mask does not have any backing, and is folded up inside the pouch. It isn't dripping with essence per say, but it's saturated enough. There is very little essence left in the pouch after the mask is removed.






Meh. The Naturalth Goat Milk Moisture Mask Sheet has a really terrible fit, and keep in mind that a regular mask from My Beauty Diary fits my face 10/10, this one fits my face 3/10. The nose portion is way too short and you can tell from the image below the feature cutouts on the mask are just generally way to close together (ಥ益ಥ)





The mask material was frankly, really rough and itchy. My face started to feel discomfort wearing the mask almost immediately. The fibrous and prickly texture was very off-putting and I couldn't wait to get it off my face.

I'm fairly certain it was the mask material itself that was irritating, so I cracked open another mask and squeezed out some essence:

Don't say it.

It's watery/jelly like, and it's pretty moisturizing when I put it on my face as opposed to hydrating. The essence is pretty quickly absorbed, but leaves behind a slight film-like feeling on the surface of the skin. After you complete your routine, the film-like feeling is gone.

PH: 5 (using my cheapo PH testing kit from eBay)




Tsukiyama's tears are probably more comfortable.

Overall: ✭✩✩✩✩
I actually took the mask off before the 20 minutes were up. 

Price:  ✭✭✭✩✩
Normal mask pricing at ~$4 USD for a pack of 3.

Application: ✭✭✩✩✩

Rebuy? Nopenopenopenopenope

Where to buy:
I brought my TonyMoly Naturalth Goat Milk Moisture Mask Sheet from BeautyNetKorea for approx $4 USD for 3 masks, but it seems they have stopped selling it.


Should I review another makeup product or do a skincare product next? Let me know in the comments!

No comments